Get peace of mind around your business and systems
Business Advisory or Consulting services require a team approach – you must be open to working in new ways and making changes.
You might not need or want or need a full-time administrative staff member but you can still benefit from strong professional advice. That’s where we can help.
We don’t want to come into your business and do what you do, we just want to help you keep things on track. To accomplish this we get to know you and your business, offering advice about organisational, financial, and management strategies. We can then provide services and implement solutions to help your business grow.
What exactly does this mean for you, well, this is one of my Client Profiles I have worked with:
Business Planning Benefits:
- Identifies and prioritises your key goals
- Creates strategies for you to achieve your goals
- Identifies what you need to achieve your goals.
- Sets time-frames for achieving goals and therefore provides accountability
- Divides your goals into short-term and long-term
- Provides a template to review actual performance against targets
- Provides a platform to develop Financial Forecasts
- A basis for you to set individual goals / targets / KPI’s
- Creates a platform from which you can then launch your business going forward
One Builder Client:
The phone call I received from his accountant really was a 111 call and he said he called 0800 help and he got me at the other end of the phone. When we started working together he was unsure how he was going to be able to afford to pay his GST, his suppliers, and other payments as they fell due.
He was unsure what to pay and when, what was due when and what was owed to him, even if he was making money on the jobs he was running, so,
- We setup regular meetings and phone calls
- Setup office procedures for him so we had invoices and receipts flowing into Xero
- Started to track his jobs in Xero and assigning costs
- Revised his hourly charge out rates and clients he was currently charging labour only to and the lack of value in these jobs
- Appraised his reporting and overheads as well as his debtor and creditor days
- Appraised where he was now and where he wanted to be – short term, medium and long term goals
- Wrapped it up with accountability and a support network
Now, 3 years later, he has just purchased his first home, married and has a wee family. Business has expanded and he has let go of the clients who were not paying him, but costing him in his overdraft fees and hourly rate. He is out of the red, and has signed on a massive building contract that he never thought was possible. His growth is more than he thought ever possible.
Along the way there have been challenges which we have all worked through and advice is always available as to what he could use inline with his accounting package and time taken to check these, liaising with his accountant and anyone else involved as and when required.